Education is a continuing process of 4-wheeling and occurs in all its phases.
We attribute the success of our club to many things, including some rules and guidelines which help protect us all and spread good will for all 4-wheelers. Some of these guidelines include:
- What you pack in – you also pack out. Provide a container for your own trash. Never throw anything from a moving vehicle (or stopped). Do NOT put cans, eggshells, or aluminum foil in campfires. Pick up others litter if space allows.
- Don’t be careless about matches, fire, or smokes. Be sure all fires are OUT COMPLETELY.
- Use firearms ONLY in approved or safe areas.
- Speed limit recommended within a camp area is 5MPH.
- When traveling with other 4-wheel drive vehicles, always wait at the turn for the vehicle behind you. Keep the vehicle behind you in sight or at least use radio contact.
- Often you are in a forest, park, or on private property and it is the responsibility of your leader to be aware of the regulations or laws for that area, and to inform those members in attendance.
- Destruction of plants, turf, etc., is certainly to be avoided. The TREAD LIGHTLY guidelines shall be followed.
- If you leave the caravan during a trip, please tell the Trail Boss or person in charge.
- Overnight camping is different since you are together for longer periods of time, and are out of your vehicles. Courtesy towards your fellow campers should be maintained regarding noise, animals, children. Use common sense.
- Leave every area cleaner than you found it.
If you have any questions, please ask the trail boss or another club member.